Other companies make products. We make a difference!
C# Software Developer
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe, sustainable and secure living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
We are now looking for an experienced Developer to join our Nottingham team within our Retail and Industry division that is dedicated, motivated and able to work effectively both in a team and as an individual.
You can expect challenging and varied work and take substantial ownership over the features you develop, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, to production deployment. You can also expect to collaborate closely with the QA Automation team and global development teams across the R&I division.
• Experience in software engineering with demonstrated success building high-quality, commercial software
• Skilled working with Microsoft technologies, specifically C#, .Net, .Net Core, ASP.NET, SQL
• Familiar with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
• Comfortable working with Agile / Scrum methodologies and software engineering best practice
Nice to have:
• Experience working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS would be a huge plus
• We’d also appreciate the knowledge of working in a highly scalable API environment
What we can offer you:
• Mission: At UL, we know why we come to work. Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to have a meaningful contribution to society.
• People: Be part of our global team and do your best work! Teamwork, open-feedback and our diversity are our drivers to reach our common mission.
• Interesting work: The work that goes on inside UL is fueling the future. It challenges you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and gain in-depth experience in your field.
• Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
• This is our normal : Competitive remuneration, 15% annual bonus, home office up to 1 day per week, flexible start times, 25 days annual paid leave, free parking, unlimited access to soft drinks, coffee, fruits, etc..