Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Ballerup – Denmark
Around the globe, UL works to help customers, purchasers and policymakers navigate market risk and complexity. UL builds trust in the safety, security and sustainability of products, organizations and supply chains – enabling smarter choices and better lives. Our robust suite of offerings includes testing, inspection, auditing, certification, marketing claim verification, training, advisory services and software solutions.
In all that we do, we apply science and expertise to enable the responsible development, production, marketing and purchase of the goods, solutions and innovations of today and tomorrow. To learn more about us, visit UL.com.
In this exciting role, you will perform a variety of local/regional-level quality assurance engineering functions including development, implementation, support, and continuous improvement of UL’s quality system.
• Develops, implements and maintains worldwide quality systems to meet and/or exceed the quality standard requirements (i.e., ISO 9001, Lean Sigma, etc). Ensures processes and procedures meet the full requirements of the quality standards as defined by UL’s quality system. Also, performs corporate oversight reviews and evaluates compliance with the stated requirements.
• Provides project management leadership, acting as primary interface with Conformity Assessment Services management, coordinating company-wide technical related initiatives and ensuring timely delivery of commitments.
• Works closely with global initiatives aimed at introducing and institutionalising a comprehensive set of quality metrics necessary to enable the UL enterprise to objectively manage to its quality goals and improve processes worldwide.
• Analyses quality data to support improvement efforts. Facilitates root cause analysis and corrective action for quality issues. Recommends and implements system improvements worldwide.
• Interfaces with management and department heads in a team effort to resolve issues at all levels of the organization. Communicates with all levels to ensure consistency and integrity of UL’s quality systems.
• University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related technical field plus generally eight years of experience in engineering quality
• Demonstrated proficiency in quality methodologies, statistical thinking, data systems, and statistical process control.
• Detailed knowledge of the ISO series of standards (e.g., ISO 9001, 17025, 17065). Demonstrated strong technical capabilities in project management, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex, and technical projects.
• Demonstrated analytical ability sufficient to evaluate potential causes or results of reported problems/issues and determine appropriate course of action.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated strong experience and ability in Conformity Assessments
• Travel will be required to help with the development and implementation of quality systems and/or processes at other sites within the EMEA region.
What we can offer you:
• Mission: At UL, we know why we come to work. Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to have a meaningful contribution to society.
• People: Be part of our global team and do your best work! Teamwork, open-feedback and our diversity are our drivers to reach our common mission.
• Interesting work: The work that goes on inside UL is fuelling the future. It challenges you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and gain in-depth experience in your field.
• Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
• This is our normal : Competitive remuneration, 15% annual bonus, remote / flexible working policies, unlimited access to soft drinks, coffee, fruits, etc..