- Execute accurate, objective and high quality social compliance assessments by implementing all requirements indicated in the client specific procedures, auditor training and audit scope.
- Prepare in advance by downloading and reading audit documents and protocols related to upcoming audits.
- Document and report the audit findings/observations.
- Communicate audit results to facility management in a professional, objective, and clear manner.
- Verify the effectiveness of corrective actions taken as a result of audit.
- Cooperate with and supporting other auditors and staff.
- Submit complete audit reports timely (within 48 hours for most).
- Promptly address any clarification queries from the reviewing team and respond to all emails in a timely manner.
- Complete all assigned training activities and actively participate in training sessions.
- Apply feedback from reviewers, training specialist, quality manager, program managers and client facing team to future work for continuous improvement.
- Treat privileged information with discretion and ensuring all audit related documents and results remain confidential and well-guarded.
- Update country law profiles for assigned country/region in support of the audit process & advisory services and update appropriate tracking tools.
- Conduct specialized audits where a higher level of auditing skills and methodology is required (such as EICC, RJC, SMETA, Environmental, SA8000 certification, Conflict Free Smelter (CFS), Capacity Building and Continuous Improvement, etc).
- Mentor role with trainees, team and lead auditors.
- Use higher level of communication and critical thinking is essential.
- Open and willing to learn and perform new audit programs.
- Partner with training team, program managers, and client facing groups to establish valuable programs.
- Previous auditing experience required.
- Perform other industry related job assignments as needed
- Possession of a four year college degree.
- Interest in international labor standards, human rights & environmental issues.
- Willingness and ability to travel to other regions and or throughout the designated country (up to 95% annually).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and fully proficient/literate in a 2nd language.
- Excellent oral communication skills; capable of addressing high executive audiences and conduct opening and closing conferences in front of multiple people.
- Excellent mathematical skills and analytical skills. Creative and innovative thinking to problem solve and streamline processes.
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable – Able to maintain high ethical standards.
- Ability to remain, objective and professional in challenging situations
- Ability to work in fast paced work environment both independently and in a group setting and to interact with all levels of staff.
- Comfortable with confrontation, diplomatic, easy to talk to, friendly demeanor.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment with persons varying in socio-economic status.
- Ability to lead a team of auditors during the execution of a project and/or specialized audits
- Proficient in internet navigation, e-mail and PC software such as Microsoft Word, Excel.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed