UL is a global company with 125 years of expertise in the Testing, Inspection and Certification Business.
Facilitating customer access to the global marketplace - our division Energy and Power Technologies delivers UL’s established reputation for integrity to safety product testing and certification services to support the development and asset management of critical infrastructure for electricity (conventional or renewable). UL wind services help mitigate the risks and navigate the complexities of offshore and onshore wind installations and assist stakeholders in identifying the critical aspects related to wind farm projects.
Click the following link for more information about the UL Energy Business - Wind Services.
In order to consolidate our business and continue our successful journey we are currently looking for a
Commercial Leader for Renewables / Germany (m/f/d)
Location: Germany, Oldenburg or Frankfurt/M. / plus HomeOffice
As commercial renewables leader in Germany, you will be responsible for leading the commercial team in Germany as well as executing the commercial strategy
- Co-develop and execute a plan to consolidate and expand the renewables Certification, Testing and advisory business in Germany
- Run and support a small commercial team, set goals and measure progress
- Establish and maintain a long-term and trustful relationship with our customers
- Represent UL at industry events, trade fairs and working groups promoting our services to develop commercial opportunities
- Support the team in developing yearly sales plans and identify specific development areas in Germany
- Support the development of a network of special service providers and engineers in areas not covered by UL but required to provide a comprehensive service
- Work independently on an international team
- establish strong relationships on all levels with existing customers
- develop sales presentations for potential new clients and lead the sales presentations in support of growing the clientele for UL
- provide value propositions, handles objections, prepares quotes, and closes complex sales by getting prospects’ commitments
Profile and qualifications:
- Management skills and ability to work in cross-functional and multinational teams
- Degree in a related discipline
- Deep understanding of the renewable project lifecycle and strong technical background
- Businesses Development and/or commercial experience in the German market (several years of demonstrated experience in a similar role)
- Strong customer focus and strong interpersonal skills to establish trustful relationships, ability to sell and to close orders
- Ability to communicate effectively to internally and externally
- Ability to promote our services to technical and commercial decision makers as well as to engineers evaluating our service
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office is required
- Several years of B2B sales experience in the renewables industry, including testing, certification and advisory
- Correctly connected within the wind German industry
- Requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conduct presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules to senior level management and customers
- Fluent in German, English (writing and speaking)
- Willingness to do business related travel
What we are offering:
We are offering a profound familiarization, the integration to a professional team, a chance to take over accountability in a relevant role and the career opportunities of a global company. Our employees benefit by being part of UL of an attractive, continuous training program to develop their personal and professional skills. Via an incentive plan, they are directly participating in the company’s success.
How does that sound to you? Did this awaken your interest? Then, please upload your CV and motivation letter (mentioning your current salary) to our career portal. In case of any question, you can reach out to Sarah Au via phone +49 - 69 - 48 98 10 135. Applications are welcome in German or English.