Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Software Quality Assurance Analyst – UL Environment and Sustainability – Cambridge
Around the globe, UL works to help customers, purchasers and policymakers navigate market risk and complexity. UL builds trust in the safety, security and sustainability of products, organisations and supply chains – enabling smarter choices and better lives. Our robust suite of offerings includes testing, inspection, auditing, certification, marketing claim verification, training, advisory services and software solutions.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Analyst to be based in Cambridge and work for our UL Environment and Sustainability division.
As a valued member of the development team you will be responsible for grooming and testing user stories covering both product and architectural areas.
You will be expected to foster team culture and the breaking down of knowledge silos by collaborating within and beyond your team and helping to facilitate communication with both your team and the department.
Attention to detail and a focus on quality at an early stage is paramount, especially as the department is currently implementing a continuous delivery model.
All quality assurance analysts within the department are expected to help design then test software written by the development team to ensure a high-quality product is released to market.
You will be participating fully in all agile ceremonies and working with your team to refine, groom and query requirements and propose approach both from the testing/quality assurance angle and from the general usability angle.
Your passion for quality will encourage you to engage with the developers in the team early in development cycle and help them with test scenarios for automation as well as refine your own scenarios and guide your exploratory testing. It will also encourage you to join and participate in knowledge sharing guilds and learn product areas relevant to your team. This dedication will help keep business on track with continuous integration and delivery and your team to achieve its goals.
Team Leads will be able to trust you to work directly with a Product Owner to ensure that test results match their expectations and that potential defects are verified; and with the Technical Authors to ensure that documentation is updated and correct.
You will be involved in the support triage process for issues escalated to development and maintain pro-active communication with the support team.
You will be expected to take an active role in agile ceremonies and encourage others to contribute and should also be able to assist junior colleges with skills development and learning.
We are interested in enthusiastic problem solvers and are confident the right person will do well no matter what arena their previous quality assurance experience is in or their educational background.
We do, however, expect candidates to meet most of the following requirements:
• 3 or more years’ quality assurance experience
• Demonstrable exploratory web testing skills
• Experience with cross-browser testing
• Working on agile teams and a great understanding of how testing provides value in an agile world
• Ability to produce detailed and precise bug reports
• Experience with session based testing
• Understanding of oracles & heuristics
• You'll have completed Rapid Software Testing, BBST Foundations or similar
• Are an active part of the testing community
• Have a vesting demonstrable interest in growing as a professional tester
• Have technical testing skills such as SQL, Fiddler
• Ability to talk to developers on a technical level about unit testing, integration API and automated user journey tests
• Efficient team collaboration using good verbal and written communication
• Testing throughout over testing at the end
• Preventing bugs over finding bugs
• Testing understanding over checking functionality
• Building the best system over breaking the system
• Team responsibility for quality over tester responsibility
What we can offer you:
• Mission: At UL, we know why we come to work. Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to have a meaningful contribution to society.
• People: Be part of our global team and do your best work! Teamwork, open-feedback and our diversity are our drivers to reach our common mission.
• Interesting work: The work that goes on inside UL is fueling the future. It challenges you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and gain in-depth experience in your field.
• Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
• This is our normal : Competitive remumeration & 15% annual bonus, home office up to 2 days per week, 25 days annual paid leave, unlimited access to soft drinks, coffee, fruits, etc..