Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Senior Software Developer – Warrington – Retail and Industry
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
We’re seeking talented Senior Developers to support the development and deployment of a greenfield project where you’ll be responsible for creating a platform to improve the efficiency of IT services across various UL divisions.
The Senior Software engineer is a technical leader whose responsibilities include writing code, drive reviews, post technical analysis and clearly articulating ideas and solutions in design and work flows.
• Problem-solving with a strategic and tactical approach
• Strong inclination to automation and software-driven engineering
• Agile software development & constant lift in engineering throughput and productivity
• Strong technical knowledge and experience in cloud software systems design with significant experience in the latest distributed computing constructs.
• Technical depth writing software for resilient, durable and highly reliable products with a reasonable perspective of security, web and internet standards
• Strong decision maker and driving at the component level
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and methods; with multiple levels of internal stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively across teams, functional groups and divisions
• Interact with senior technical and functional leaders to lead change through technical processes and technology direction
• Deliver high volume and high transaction systems for critical business systems
• Leads project teams to define specifications for complex software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
• Supports business leadership in the analysis of software and hardware system needs, options, risks, costs and impact on business processes and goals.
• Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
• Extensive experience in software engineering with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software and SaaS applications
• Solid experience in multiple software development lifecycle phases, including scope and proposal, analysis, design, and software construction.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically .Net; C#; asp.net; SQL
• Experience working with Cloud services platforms such as Azure or AWS
• Hands-on experience with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
• Comfortable working with Agile / Scrum methodologies and demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practice
• Strong background working in a highly scalable API environment
What we can offer you:
• Mission: At UL, we know why we come to work. Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to have a meaningful contribution to society.
• People: Be part of our global team and do your best work! Teamwork, open-feedback and our diversity are our drivers to reach our common mission.
• Interesting work: The work that goes on inside UL is fueling the future. It challenges you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and gain in-depth experience in your field.
• Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
• This is our normal :Competitive remuneration, 15% annual bonus, flexible working environment/home office , 25 days annual paid leave