Graduate Trainee QA Software Engineer
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to be based in Warrington and work for our Retail and Industry division who have been tasked with building a connecting platform to support various product lines across UL globally.
• Use prescribed guidelines to create both manual and automated test cases to detect defects in our software.
• Execute manual and automated testing plans, ensuring that objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
• Document potential issues for reports to software teams.
• Review Functional Requirements documents and interact with other departments to ensure accurate understanding of requirements and testing to be conducted.
• Conduct independent hands-on requirements based software testing, including writing test specifications and cases, identifying and entering defects into a tracking system.
• Partner with software teams to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Retests software following problem resolution to ensure issues are resolved and identify any new issues.
• Support software implementation and enhancement projects. Ensures that the final product is working properly.
• Provide support to software support teams in diagnosing and resolving issues.
• Assist in the assessment and planning of software tests. Provides recommendations for new methods and criteria to be tested.
• Understand and comply with applicable regulations and all company processes as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• University degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths, or another logical degree with an element of programming (language unimportant) and/or equivalent commercial experience
• Ability to work in an organised, methodical manner and multi-task
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Training within a cutting-edge automation team with the support of our Learn and Development structure: UL academy and access to Pluralsight courses
• Experience from your first day our robust structures, quick decision-making paths and corporate culture that encourages achievements based on trust, together with a lot of freedom to implement your own ideas.
• Be as international as it gets by working with colleagues across different cultures and get inspired and supported by senior colleagues and leaders