Under minimal supervision, follows procedures in the Quality Manual to test, calibrate andrepair measuring and indicating instruments used in the laboratories for conformance toestablished government, commercial and organization standards. Adjusts instruments tocalibration standards and assembles and builds equipment as needed. Checks, verifies andaccepts the calibration certificates from the external Certification Center.
- Calibrates and maintains laboratory instrumentation and apparatus. Determines accuracy of instruments and the measurement uncertainty for equipment and for equipment calibration. As necessary, adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet more complex requirements.
- Develops internal procedures for laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Manages the scheduling of the calibrations and maintenance and updates applicable systems based on company procedures.
- Issues calibration certificates based on internal procedures.
- Defines the engineering units, ranges, and/or acceptance criteria of instruments to be externally calibrated based on manufacturer’s equipment specifications, standard requirements and/or accreditations.
- Assures the calibration quality of test results and verifies competencies of employees using the various instruments and apparatus.
- Sets up equipment for tests.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.