Responsibilities will include, but will be not limited to:
Business Development & Leadership
- Provide strategic direction and focus to UL’s efforts to develop and grow UL’s global offshore wind business.
- Work with different internal teams to identify strengths and skills gaps.
- Collaboratively develop and be responsible for implementing strategy to grow UL’s offshore wind business to become a significant player in the global offshore industry, including P&L and team leadership responsibility.
- Work with lenders and developers as the main client interface for UL. Attend client meetings with lenders and developers as needed.
- Prepare proposals detailing a scope of work, team, budget and schedule for completion to satisfy client expectations.
- Work with responsible Project Managers to manage and schedule internal and external resources to ensure project deliverables stay on time, on target, and on budget.
- Oversee communication plans and related project status reports. Facilitate and lead regular status meetings with internal project team, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Review project contracts and financial models.
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to identify project risks, barriers, and issues and propose possible solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams executing high profile projects for Independent Engineering/Lender’s Technical Advisory, Technical Advisory, Certification and Engineering work on offshore project development, engineering, certification, financing, and mergers & acquisitions of offshore wind projects and portfolios.
- Lead teams in compiling and completing work to ensure a high quality of work that meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects.
- Independently perform portions of required studies and analysis and draft IE/LTA and TA report sections, depending on project need and candidate’s core competencies.