Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Global Sales Leader - BLST
Reporting to UL’s VP& GM, Building & Life Safety Technology, the Global Sales Leader is responsible for leading the operational and strategic efforts of BLST's international sales organization focusing on Fire Resistance, Fire Suppression, Building Envelope, and Signaling and Security, which includes the outside sales team, inside sales team, and sales operations staff. He/she will be tasked with driving growth globally through new customer acquisition and revenue expansion within the existing base. The Global Sales Leader will manage a wide portfolio of product and service offerings across multiple industries. This leader should have demonstrated success in business development and sales within the Testing, Inspection and Certification space, a proven track record of bookings and revenue results, and strong change management leadership ability.
· Forecast, meet and/or exceed committed goals related to sales bookings and revenue including, but not limited to, new customer revenue, renewals and expansions.
· Manage the sales function with operational rigor, with the ability to review historical and current performance, understand the business drivers behind that performance and proactively adjust to improve future performance.
· Lead the development, growth and sustainability of our international sales and sales operations functions, coordinating closely with in-country sales, business development, marketing, legal and finance functions.
· Manages the performance of direct reports by developing accountabilities, establishing performance objectives, providing career counseling, feedback and guidance and ensuring that all policies are understood and adhered to.
· Continually review existing product, pricing and competition to maintain a competitive advantage.
· Develop new product offerings, pricing strategies and partnerships, in conjunction with Business Development and operational leadership that will allow the division to meet and exceed their growth targets both domestically and internationally.
· Recruit, train and manage sales professionals, both domestically and internationally, who are able to effectively communicate the benefits of BLST's offerings to potential customers.
· Develop strategic long-term partnerships with customers, and drive the development of solutions focused on customer needs and wants.
· Build a profitable and sustainable business with an eye toward product offerings and contracts that provide adequate return on investment and maximize utilization of UL facilities and staff.]
· Manages the entire sales life cycle to ensure visibility into and predictability of the lead-to-close process.
· Collaborate closely with other senior sales and business leaders across UL to identify commercial synergies and cross-selling opportunities. Integrate into Global Account programs.
· Coordinates with UL Regional GMs on key customers and country initiatives.
· Ensure the highest levels of professionalism at all times to maintain positive relationships with all employees, customers, and partners.
· Extensive sales experience in a complex sales organization, including sales leadership experience.
· Demonstrated track record in driving revenue growth by expanding customer base and increasing average revenue per customer through effective upselling, cross-selling, and relationship building.
· A natural networker having strong relationships with key thought-leaders across the TIC industry built upon years of trust and collaboration.
· Strong leadership skills, with the ability to drive employee commitment through actions and empower employees to reach their full potential.
· Sound understanding of the regulatory impact on manufacturing companies.
· Ability to work and lead in a matrixed organizational structure.
· International experience in selling to large customers and teaming across cultures.
· Experience making wide-ranging strategic decisions with the ability and comfort level to make decisions and asses trade-offs.
· Bachelor’s degree/MBA strongly preferred.