Implementation Consultant – Environment and Sustainability - Cambridge
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an Implementation Consultant to be based in Cambridge and work for our Environment and Sustainability division.
The E&S Sustainability division empowers global organisations to protect the well-being of workers, reduce risk, improve productivity, enhance compliance, and drive measurable business improvement through its EHS, occupational health, environmental, supply chain, sustainability and corporate social responsibility platforms and ultimately make our world a safer place.
In this exciting role, you will work as part of a team to support and configure our software for the customer. This role will also focus on the more technical elements of the Implementation which will require knowledge of SQL and authoring of data collection forms using XML.
• Serve as a subject matter expert implementation requirements in one or more areas of the product offerings
• Advise and assist the client in maintaining and enhancing their application
• Author Functional Specification documents based on client requirements
• Author Implementation Report documents based on system configuration so that Customer Support has a full report of system configuration
• Configure the system as per the defined requirements using the system user interface
• Liaison with Product Management for advanced configuration and development of the system
• Build and maintain custom forms using XML/SQL build scripts
• Work with technical teams to resolve system and configuration issues
• Lead customer meetings and calls as and when required in support of larger implementation project, ensuring a professional image at all times
• Strong academic background in a relevant discipline e.g. computer science, engineering or equivalent
• A high level of numeracy
• Strong working knowledge of Excel required
• Experience working on multiple projects at one time, a plus
• Familiarity with web-based applications
• Ability to learn new software applications rapidly
• Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills as this is a customer-facing role
• Previous experience working in internal teams for project delivery, required
• Experience with relational databases is required
• SQL is required and working knowledge of XML is ideal
• Previous experience in a customer facing role within a corporate environment required
• Experience in the field of Sustainability (both management and reporting), Supply Chain, or Environmental Health and Safety is a distinct advantage.
What we can offer you:
• Mission: At UL, we know why we come to work. Shape the way we approach and deliver our solutions to have a meaningful contribution to society.
• People: Be part of our global team and do your best work! Teamwork, open-feedback and our diversity are our drivers to reach our common mission.
• Interesting work: The work that goes on inside UL is fuelling the future. It challenges you to try fresh approaches, work autonomously, drive change and gain in-depth experience in your field.
• Grow & achieve: Growth and development are part of our DNA. Grow & achieve with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as your very own UL University.
• This is our normal: Competitive remuneration & 10% annual bonus, home office up to 2 days per week, 25 days annual paid leave, unlimited access to soft drinks, coffee, fruits, etc..