1. Examines test samples and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
2. Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
3. Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
4. Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
5. Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
6. Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
7. Read and follow the Underwriters Laboratories Code of Conduct, and follow all physical and digital security practices
8. Performs other duties as directed.
Higher Secondary Education plus three years related experience preferred.