Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Director of Software Development – Atlanta, US or Leiden, Netherlands
With a focus on today’s realities and tomorrow’s needs, UL Identity Management & Security (UL IMS) provides the trusted and critical security expertise that is required in an interconnected and cashless world. Governments and organisations rely on UL as a trusted partner.
We focus on securing smart ecosystems, or IoT, providing end to end security solutions that help both device manufacturers and ecosystem architects implement innovations that guarantee regulatory compliance, maintain customer trust and increase market access. As the leading safety and security authority, UL works with governments, industry associations, and businesses to rethink security. Globally, over 10,000 organisations rely on UL. Our marks appear on more than 22 billion products around the world.
The Director of Software Development manages a service line of UL IMS that develops and commercialises technology platforms that help our clients accelerate their time to market. The Director of Software Development is also a member of the leadership team of UL IMS.
• Full P&L responsibility for the Technology service line
• Develop technical aspects of the business strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
• Leads the team of product managers and software developers to develop, commercialise and maintain cloud based and desktop based test platforms for the smart payment, smart mobility, smart homes, smart buildings ecosystems as well as industry 4.0
• Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
• Supports UL IMS’s solution development process, from ideation to execution, in collaboration with the other service lines of UL IMS, and with the business development and sales teams
• Manages and coaches a Technology team that is based in Singapore, The Netherlands, Ireland, Scotland, USA and Brazil
• Manages UL IMS IT group and coordinates with the Corporate IT, shared services IT and BU IT groups to ensure the needs of UL IMS are met
• Ensures that the Technology team remains a thought leader in the ecosystems that UL IMS serves, both from an application and technology perspective
• Education in Information Security, Information Technology, or related field
• P&L ownership experience, directly responsible for revenue
• Knowledge and experience of SAAS-based platforms
• Pragmatic leader with balanced focus between technology, people and business
• Skilled managing geographically distributed teams
• Experience building and developing high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in matrixed organisations
• Ability to establish credibility quickly and effectively, bringing others along through change while developing a culture of teamwork, open communication and feedback, and innovation
• Experience in cybersecurity strongly preferred