Under general supervision, develops UL customer-facing applications, corporateapplications and portals. Delivers customized information, resources, and self-serviceapplications to a global audience. Maintains UL intranet, extranets, and business systemsand plays a critical role in design and implementation of new features. Supports projectmanagers, developers, and business analysts with enhancing current resources. Works withvarious technical information teams to understand technology limitations and howimplementation decisions impact user experience in terms of browser compatibility,accessibility, internalization, usability and performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, perception, cognition, task analysis, experimental design, and statistics.
- Strong experience in applying design principles and documentation within the product lifecycle.
- Mobile and web application design experience across various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) including an understanding of responsive web design.
- Thorough understanding of interactive, visual, UX, and information design principles
- Obsessed with the relentless pursuit of UX perfection working inside an iterative and agile development environment.
- Love of creating effective visual designs, user flows, wireframes/mockups, sitemaps, style guides, and web/mobile assets.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in a fluid, fast-paced and agile environment. Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, good sense of humor, and a make it work ethos.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have excellent teamwork, communication, and technical problem-solving skills to contribute within a multi-functional and multi-disciplined team.