Here at UL, you have a unique opportunity to be part of a global team working towards a common goal – to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place to live, work, and play. Every day, thousands of UL colleagues wake up to fulfill this purpose. Our team of smart, skilled and collaborative professionals are dedicated to their crafts and our mission at large. The work that goes on at UL is fueling the future in so many ways. From data and insights all the way to beauty and ballistics, we touch billions of brands, products and systems that are used and distributed around the globe and found in peoples’ daily lives. Our work is challenging and diverse - we’re proud to be leading the way as a trusted advisor who fights for what’s right and will rise to any and every challenge to help our partners. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely. UL is a place that offers big growth possibilities. We encourage pushing boundaries, active curiosity and asking the tough questions – both in your day-to-day and as you grow your career with us. We know we’ll get great results this way, and you’ll be happier too, which is a win-win in our book. Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns every day. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
UL is looking for a skilled Junior Accountant working as part of the Germany accounting team responsible for general accounting, US & statutory reporting, audits and taxes etc. Under general supervision you will perform general accounting work in a timely and accurate manner and advise management and employees in you areas of expertise. In addition you will also assists with the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and programs in assigned areas.
The role is based in Arnhem, The Netherlands and is reporting to the Accounting Manager for Germany.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of month end, quarter end and year end close under the German Commercial Code & US GAAP
• Assistance with the preparation of the annual statutory reporting for all German entities
• Responsible for monthly group reporting to US headquarters
• Preparation of monthly account reconciliations and ensuring balances are kept up to date
• Preparation of periodic analytical reviews
• Interaction with local auditors and tax consultants
• Completion and assistance with tax reporting (e.g. VAT returns), statutory and other external reporting requirements
• Collaboration with the US headquarters, colleagues in other regions, the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Shared Service Center and the Fixed Assets Center of Excellence
• Assists with technical accounting research in assigned areas
• Participation in projects and contribution to the successful delivery of project goals
• Very good knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts
• A degree in business with concentration in accounting, finance or economics and preferably professional accounting qualification
• Good understanding of local GAAP (HGB) requirements and preferably also experience working with US-GAAP
• Tax experience especially in regards to VAT (e.g. preparation of VAT returns).
• Minimum of 2 years relevant practical experience in an international organization including experience in group and preferably also tax reporting
• Oracle knowledge preferred
• Strong MS Office (especially MS Excel) knowledge required
• Strong English language skills required and also a basic understanding of German preferred
• “Hands-on” mentality with the ability to get things done in a changing environment even under pressure.
• Structured and organized solutions-oriented approach
• Takes ownership of assigned tasks
• Ability to multitask
• Team player
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative work style as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Technical accounting ability with good analytical skills
• High degree of commitment and flexibility
• Positive attitude
What UL offers
• Excellent personal development and growth opportunities
• Flexible working hours and a competitive salary package
• An international multi-cultural environment within a dynamic global organization that makes a contribution to a safer world
How to apply
For further information about the job please contact Tankred Heyer at +49 69 489 810 170.
Please submit your application and CV by clicking the Apply button!