Employee would be responsible for the maintenance of fixed assets for multiple UL locations across a designated region. Candidate would operate as part of a Regional Center of Excellence (COE).
Primary tasks include:
- Applying project spend to assets
- Monitoring the status of projects for a defined region
- Issuing Asset Tags to regional locations
- Processing Asset Retirements
- Coordinating Intercompany Asset Transfers
- Performing month end close procedures
- Completing required account reconciliations
- Coordinating support for internal and external audit requests
- Overseeing annual cycle counts
- Applying Fixed Asset monthly spend into Hyperion
- Completing required reporting packages
- Responding to Business Unit (BU) requests
- Leading special projects as needed
In addition to the above items, employee would be expected to have knowledge of US GAAP and the ability to make decision independently. The position would require strong problem solving skills and involve extensive interaction with affiliate locations. Employee would also be expected to communicate with management and employees regarding issues in accounting and recommend solutions. Employee will need to work in a virtual team environment without direct on-site supervision. Employee must be a self-starter, work under ambiguous guidelines with little supervisor interaction.
- University degree in Accounting plus generally one to two years of directly related accounting experience (public or private).
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or working towards a CA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications required.
- Experience with Oracle and or NetSuite a plus, but not required.
- Detailed knowledge of accounting rules and practices, including account reconciliation process.
- Working knowledge of all other accounting procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Individual contributor as well as team player.
- US GAAP knowledge a plus
- Continuous Improvement oriented